The answer depends on each state’s telehealth rules, the following are some helpful resources:
- Your local state board will have resources and information on how telehealth reimbursement policies relate to your specific license type (LMFT, LPC, etc.).
- American Telemedicine Association (ATA) also provides a map showing which states reimburse telehealth services.
- The Center for Connected Health Policy’s (CCHP) publishes an annual report that has up-to-date reimbursement policies for all fifty states and the District of Columbia.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Medicare Telehealth Payment Eligibility Analyzer allows you to check if specific addresses are eligible for Medicare telehealth reimbursement.